Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What do you do?

Katrina has a boyfriend! Ok she doesn't really have a boyfriend but there is this little boy in our ward who is always asking Katrina to marry him when they grow up. He has even gone as far as kissing her. Yeah you heard right, he was at our house to play and they both came out holding hands and asked if it was alright to kiss. I told them not until you are married. He then asked if they could air kiss...of course I said no. When he was leaving she called out "I Love you Peni (benny). After he left I asked her why she said that and was told that that is what mommy says to daddy and they are going to get married. She then fessed up that they kissed befor they came and talked to me. Needless to say we had a long talk about when we can have boyfriends, date, kiss and get married. It finally came to the point that both myself and his mom had to tell them that they could not get married.

I thought that was the end of it but she moved right on to another boy in the ward and now she wants to marry Trenton. I again told her that she would not get married until she was older and that she probably hasn't even met the man she is going to marry. That fixed that right? Not on your life we are now at the stage where everything is followed by ...thats how I know hes the one.... ugh Whats a mom to do =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my word that is so funny.. katrina kills me with how grown up she thinks she can be! tell her he has got to pass with the family first!

Bree said...

That is so funny! I have no idea what you do about that one, other than keep telling her and then laughing when she is not around. She is so beautiful you better watch out.

Janae said...

I have four girls and I do not remember one of them doing that. Megan did have jake at our last house and he was the one that wanted to hug and hold hands. I told him no and tried to not let her play with him.Just remember there young and innocent and it is just funny.Tell Katrina and Amanda our girls say hi.

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! Katrina is so funny! Where do kids learn all this anyway? Don't worry about it too much because Nick & Catherine made me kiss our neighbor boy my age when I was about three. I turned out ok! :) Austin says that he thinks you guys are good parents!