Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Its all about accountability!

Well today is day 2 of a my new goal to get healthy. Actually it is the start of the 3rd week but the second week I was sick so I got no exercise in. I am posting this in my blog because I need accountability when everyone is expecting to hear how I am doing then I am less likely to quit. So what does this goal entail you may ask, well for one it means no more late night snacks and smaller portions. It also means working out at least 4 but maybe 5 or 6 times a week. Exercise means at least 25 min but my goal is 2 miles a day, the 25 minutes is just to make sure I do SOMETHING on the days I don't really feel like it. Mom has been helping me for a while and now it is time to up the anty =) anyway if you have any suggestions on how to fit exercising in or have some really good healthy snacks treats and/or meals you enjoy I sure would appreciate you sending them my way. I feel like I eat the same things all the time.
I guess if this is going to work will have to report my progress too. I will report inches and lbs lost but I will not admit what they are to start out with....that's just a little too much for me. Thanks to you all for the inspiration as I see all of you living active healthy lives... it makes me want to be better as well. ta ta for now

3 comments:

Bree said...

I am so excited for you. I know you can do it and I will for sure keep up with you! The best time for me to workout is in the morning. I have a girl that I run with. Having someone to workout with is so much better because you HAVE to get up and go! Anyway, good luck and keep us up to date. Love ya

Anonymous said...

that is a way good idea to let everyone know... i hadn't thought of it before.i would deffinately give you some advice if i had some... but that is my goal to start exercising also.. maybe ill get motivated by you ;) i cant wait to hear how everything goes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacie!! Good for you in getting motivated to get fit. Motivation and continuted commitment are the keys to success in being healthier. I do have some great recipes and also great websites that you can use for healthier meals that are delicious. My favorite is a cookie recipe that I have... you can eat three or four of these cookies as compared to one regular cookie, and they are yummy. I'll have to send the recipe soon. Keep up the good work!! For me, exercising has never been more consistent than when we bought a used tread mill. I love to watch t.v. and speed walk at the same time, and I don't have to go anywhere! Watching t.v. keeps my mind off of everything and I can track my miles easier. It was just too hard to juggle my schedule with the three kids and Dustin to get to the gym. Now, Dustin just watches the kids in the morning before he goes to work and I hop on the tread mill. Some days, I do it at a different time... it just depends on our and our kids' schedules. Anyway, keep up the good work! Accountability is definitely the other key to your success!! It keeps you going! You'll love your own results soon enough and that alone will be a huge motivator! Anyway, good luck! p.s. Portion sizes is the other big factor in being healthy - keep a good eye on that one! I only feel that I can give some advice as I've been down this track after my last two babies and I love it! I call it the rubberband cycle - get big and huge (as I gain 55- 65 pounds with all of my kids) during pregnancy and then go back down to a small size. Most say, "Oh, you're so lucky that you just go back to your normal size." I giggle a little and think, Oh no, this definitely takes work and effort. The nice part is that it soon becomes a lifestyle and you feel so much better that you love doing it and keep doing it. Well, I better stop rambling! Good luck to you again! Let us know if you're ever in town again (wink!)