Friday, May 25, 2007

Rambling

Yesterday Katrina graduated from preschool I will post some pictures and tell you about it as soon as I get some time.
Tonight we get some time for ourselves, and we are going to see the new pirates movie. We are doubling with another couple in our ward so it should be lots of fun. Also this afternoon I am going to bottle tomatoes! Mom are you so proud of me =) We were able to get a full box of tomatoes for 19 dollars. Can I just say I love having friends with connections. She has a friend in the restaurant business that's how we got such a great price. Wish me luck.
My garden is growing beautifully (no Janae it doesn't even begin to compare to yours) I have 6 thriving tomato plants, peas, yellow and zucchini squash, corn, carrots, honeydew melon and strawberries. The girls love the strawberries and pick a couple every day. It is Amanda's favorite thing to do and when she finds one she comes running back to me so I can wash it and says "mom I promised" because she promised not to pick them unless they are really red. It is so fun to watch them and I love having the garden just to get them to try new things. (they hated strawberries until they picked them out of our garden)
Well I guess that is enough rambling I just wanted to post an update but didn't have time to upload the pictures from the camera and then upload them to the blog. love you all

3 comments:

Bree said...

I have to say, anyone who can grow a garden is amazing. I have always wanted to but never dared in fear of nothing growing. Your garden was so good too! I wish I could enjoy all the fresh veggies and fruit with ya. Enjoy!

Lori said...

When I was reading about your garden it made my mouth water. All the strawberries sound heaven! Thats so cute the girls get to enjoy it as much as you. I love how excited Amanda is to find strawberries. Congrats on your garden!

Janae said...

Stacie,
did you forget that the garden is not mine. If the garden was mine then I would not have a garden. I cannot keep anything alive. My mother in law gave me a poinsetta one Christmas and I even killed that. I was told that no one can kill a poinsetta. Kerry has the green thumb all the way.We don't have half the selection of stuff as you do though.