Sunday, October 19, 2008

We have a new Dishwasher...


Her name is Katrina. This week as part of Katrinas homework she was assigned the job of washing the dishes. (Don't you just love homework ;)) Any way she decided that today was the day to complete that task and she loved it. When she got done she even asked if she could do it every night. Duh... of course she can. I can't believe my baby is big enough to handle the dishes. I guess it is time to give her more complex chores so she can feel this sense of accomplishment everyday. I took several pictures as she did the dishes before and after dinner. I also had to add this grumpy picture so you can see that she is not always all smiles. She sometimes reminds me of a hormonal teenager rather then my 5 year old daughter, the way she bounces from tears to laughter and from happy to angry at the touch of a button.

7 comments:

Tera said...

It's so great when they are old enought to help isn't it! I was jumping up and down the day Lauren took over unloading the dishwasher (one of my least favorite jobs!) I can't believe how old Katrina has gotten. Wasn't she just a baby?

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I wish my boys were more willing to help. I soo wish I had girls first cuz I KNow THEY WOULD be soo much more helpful than my older boys. Well....I am scared for the teenage years....I think I get attitude now..JUST WAIT!

Bree said...

Happy, sad, angry, or giggly she is still so beautiful. I would buy a dishwasher like that any day! We sure love you Katrina.

Lori said...

How cute is she! The apron and everything! I love it when they are young and so excited to help and try new things! Katrina gets mad? I never would have believed it until I saw the picture.

The Horvath Crew said...

I bet she just loved helping you out. If I ever ask who wants to help mommy in the kitchen they all run in and then I get fights of who gets to help mommy first. I know that face, savannah gives it to me way more then I would like. Yay for growing up. I love the post.

Catherine said...

I remember helping my mom do the dishes when I was younger. I liked the feel of the warm water on my hands. I like Bree's comment a lot...Happy or angry, she's still such a pretty little girl! Love you guys!

Lois said...

Katrina makes a beautiful dishwasher. Does she hire out? Hey, does she do windows? (No one does windows, anymore!)
Love,
Grandma Lois