Tuesday, October 21, 2008


I know can you believe it 3 posts in as many days. Amanda started preschool again today and she loved it. Of course when asked what her favorite part was it was eating..... and playing. I guess that is an improvement from last year where her only favorite thing was eating. She too is growing up way to fast and is still my little mother. She tries to dress Lizzy and if she sees me laying down assumes that I am not feeling well and brings me a blanket and strokes my face. Yesterday I laid down to watch a cartoon with her and she paused the T.V. so that I could go to sleep without the noise. After about 15 seconds she leaned right into my face to ask me if I was asleep yet... of course I pretended to be so she could turn her show back on. I thought it was pretty perceptive for a 3 year old. I didn't get a picture of her this morning so here is a sweet one from Sunday.


In other news as I watch the country go through the this financial turmoil, I am thankful for a living Prophet who leads and guides us. We have been warned for years to get prepared! Although I am not as fully prepared as I would like (none of us ever are) I feel grateful for what we do have. This has been a time for cutting back and for learning again to live within our means while still putting a little aside for a rainy day. I am thankful that I have a husband who balances me! I am the one to put everything we have towards paying off debt and he gently reminds me that we need to save as well (even if we are paying more in interest then we are earning :)). Although times are tough we are blessed to have income that is stable and that in and of itself is something to be thankful for.

I don't know what will happen if marriage is no longer defined as a man and a woman but I do know that again a living prophet is telling us to take a stand and make our voices heard and to do everything we can to ensure that marriage as we know it does not change. For me that is enough! I think of all the warnings that came from the prophets in Book of Mormon and Bible times and what happened when the people were too proud to listen, and I know that regardless of the outcome I want to be able to stand before God and to be able to say that I followed the council that he gave the Prophet. Everything else will come and go but I want to be obedient even if I don't see the end from the beginning I know God lives and that we have a living Prophet Thomas S Monson and I WILL follow his council whatever it may be!

7 comments:

Susan said...

I love seeing your posts this week. The financial crises is a little crazy and I am glad Jerry and I are both in industries that are not as dramatically impacted by Wall Street. Thanks for your testimony.

Catherine said...

Seriously I'm impressed! 3 posts in 3 days about my DARLING little nieces? Way to go! Any posts in the future about Steve or you or your favorite sister-in-law...me? haha :)

Lori said...

Little Amanda what a sweetie! I have loved reading all your posts! I love your faith, and your example.

McKensi said...

i LOVE your kids. Amanda is such a cute little/ getting bigger girl! cant wait to see you guys in november... two more days until her birthday!

The Horvath Crew said...

She is so cute! She is at such a fun age. Thank you for your other comments, I agree 100%. We all have a work to do, that's for sure!

Kristen said...

Here hair is so beautiful.

Megan and Nick said...

Your girls are so sweet. I think I say that everytime I comment but it's because it's so true. How sweet of Amanda to let you sleep. Katrina is growing so fast, a new dishwasher sounds great. Little Lizzy is adorable. She has a way cute smile! I hope that Katelyn will hate her dirty diapers and want to potty train too.