Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ali gets highlights and bangs




While Ali was here she was so excited to be going into 5th grade that everything we did revolved around that. When we went school clothes shopping she wasn't worried about what would be cutest she was worried about whether or not it made her look older. She seems to think if she looks older then nobody will notice that she is short. I had to laugh since I remember doing similar things all to no avail. We talked a lot about all the good things that come from being short rather then focusing on the negative. I like to think she listens because she knows that I really know what it is like for her. When she found out that we would be staying with the Grandma and Grandpa Borrowman on our way to Idaho I could tell that there was something that she wanted to ask but was nervous to do so. When she finally got it out she was hoping that she could get bangs cut and highlights from Aunt Kensi while we were there. I thought it was a great idea but of course told her that her mom had to agree before I would even ask. As you can see she is one very happy girl. She walked around all night flipping her hair for all to see. We love and miss you Ali!!

2 comments:

Raich said...

cute...

Catherine said...

This is going to sound weird because I've never known Steve to have bangs, but the second pic of Ali with her bangs over her face looks just like Steve. That girl is so dang cute! Good job, Aunt Kensi.