Sunday, June 15, 2008

Katrina's kindergarten Graduation

Katrina had her Kindergarten Graduation on June 10th. The them was a luau, so of course she was excited. She kept talking about how the girls got to do the hula and the boys would get to do the Haka. We went out and got her a grass skirt, flower headband and a flower bracelet and of course a candy lei. She stole the show being the little performer that she is she also lit up when the class did a 5 second hula during one of their songs.

After the program they gave out the caps and they got their diploma's and flower lei's. She loved it and could not quit smiling!
Then the long awaited Haka. Peni is in her class and he and the other boys his age from our ward got up and did and amazing job doing the Hukka. It has been fun watching them learn and progress in their confidence at this dance as they have gotten bigger


I had to throw in this picture we took of Lizzy at the graduation her eyes and smile were so big that I just had to share.

4 comments:

Bree said...

Congratulations Katrina on graduating from Kindergarten. We are so proud of you and you looked beautiful in your fun outfit. We sure love you!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

That was a cute little graduation. I missed the beginning I didn't know the kids were doing the hula. Katrina LOVED it I bet!! I'm glad you got a pic of the kids doing the haka cuz I forgot my camera. I'll have to steal it!!!

ma'elePHOTO said...

How cute! I love how Katrina is getting into her hula! She'll definately need lessons!

Stacie Lang said...

Hi Steve