Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day

I just wanted to take a minute to pay tribute to the Fathers in my life.



I must say that growing up I had the best dad in the whole world. He was always working so hard for us and yet he always took time to do fun things with his family. I remember camping trips just for the sake of camping. We would cook over the campfire, play in the stream and just sit around and talk. I never realized just how much work he would put in both before and after so that we could have these fun memories. We also had fun traditions of just going up to pine valley for a dutch oven breakfast often followed by swimming and a barbecue later that evening. Speaking of swimming dad, do you remember all the times we would go to the city pool and swim? You would take turns picking us up and throwing us into the water, or sneaking up on us while we were playing and pulling us under the water pretending you were a shark or some other monster out to get us. We had a lot of fun didn't we? I remember picnics in the yard and trips in the car, there was always something going on and someone to turn to for advise. Thank you dad you are a wonderful Father (and Grandfather), Thanks for all the wonderful memories. I love you Dad! (ten truck and trailer loads).



Next the father of my children. I think many of you know that I was a LITTLE picky when it came to dating and some of you thought that I would never marry because of this. I remember my mother telling me that I needed to remember that I needed to look for someone who had the potential for all the qualities I was looking for because no one is going to have all the qualities i was looking for YET. Well I think I proved everyone wrong when I married Steve! He is an amazing husband and takes such good care of me. He is the best father ever and the girls cant wait until he comes home at night. They love to play with him whether it is riding on his back, playing tag in the yard or being pushed in the swing they always go to dad first. I love that he loves to camp and is willing to spend so much quality time with us. I don't think he knew what he was getting into when he married someone who's father set the perfect example, but I think he fills the shoes rather well! I am pleased to be married to such a wonderful man.



This list would not be complete if I did not honor another father, my father in law. Of course I don't have any childhood memories to share but he must have done something right to raise such an amazing son. He has taken me into his family and treated me like one of his own since the very first day I met him. Dad "do you remember when" we went to Denny's for breakfast and we had that waitress with a hangover? Or "do you remember when" we went to Goofy's kitchen with the whole family? What about the time we went to chucke cheese and had mediocre pizza just so the kids could have fun. You are a great Dad and Grandad, hope you had a great day



HAPPY FATHERS DAY WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!



Just had to add this photo of Steve on Fathers day. As you can see he was honored by members of the ward with a candy lei as well as another lei that is in my opinion very manly:)

8 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

Stacie--I love the new family photo. Your little girls are just gorgeous . . . you look good and it sounds like you guys have so much fun as a family!

Catherine said...

Hey I'm also a fan of those three dads ;) You know I've always been impressed by my big bro and the tender way he treats his little girls (including his wife) Happy Father's Day Steve! We love you!

McKensi said...

WOW that is one long cany lei! Your new updates are so much fun. I really think you guys are great parents... To Katrina:
hey cutie!congradulations on your kindergarten graduation. You looked so beautiful with your grass skirt and flower headband!!! Tell your mom that you NEED to come see aunt Kensi and that your life wont be complete until your here ;) I love you OH SO MUCH

Bree said...

That was a great trip down memory lane. I forgot about all the trips to the city pool. We really have the best Dad ever. It makes it wonder how they did all of that with 8 children. I get tired with the two I have! Thanks Dad.

Kerry said...

Ditto to what Bree said. Thanks for updating we love seeing your family.

Kerry said...

by the way it was me janae commenting not kerry

ma'elePHOTO said...

what a sweet tribute to the men in your life.