Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update for family

We are alive and well. I think I mentioned that Steve was released from the Bishopric. He was immediately put in as the ward Mission leader and then the bishop proceeded to call me as a ward missionary to serve under Steve. I will miss being in primary but thoroughly enjoyed being able to sit through Sunday school and Relief Society and to just enjoy the lesson. We are well and the girls are growing up quickly. Katrina started 1st grade and loves being back in school. She is really trying to be good and will often remind me that "I am being a good girl today, HUH Mom" She usually says this right before she asks for something. Amanda cannot wait for her preschool to start in a couple of weeks and is bored at home without Katrina. She has a really hard time when we drop her off because she misses her so much. She is starting to make a little more sense when she talks as she is now trying to make the correct sounds for her words it is really cute to hear her say her L words as she has had a hard time getting her tongue to do what she wants it to. We are doing some exercises (games) with her to strengthen her tongue and she is super cute when she says things like LLLLizzy or yeLLLLow she really tries hard to get that letter in and you can see she is proud of herself when she does it. Lizzy is growing so fast and she is walking around and is in to everything. She constantly wants a bottle and will not take a sippy cut except at meals. Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of the bottle? Steve and I are fine and especially enjoy the weekends when he is home. Hope all of you are well.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

So, I think about you a lot and how fun it would be to see you, and then I read your blog, and I miss you guys even more! Lizzie sounds just like Jonny--into everything and there's nothing we moms can do about it! I bet Katrina is a good girl, everyday, huh? ;) haha I can totally picture Amanda working on her "l" sound and trying so hard to talk like a big girl, just like her sisters.

PS) The Bishop must have been inspired! I just know you and Steve are dynamite ward missionaries! Love you!

Bree said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing good. I was just thinking that I hadn't talked to you in awhile and then I saw the new post. You guys will be awesome ward missionaries! Plus, you get to serve together, what better calling is there? We love you guys and miss ya.

Megan and Nick said...

It is so good to hear from you. You and Steve will be great missionaries. I'm glad your girls are doing so well. I want to hear Amanda say her L's it sounds cute, I love it when kids are learning to talk and pronounce words it's so cute. Good luck with the bottle, when you find out what to do let me know because it wont be too long before I'm asking the same questions.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for Katrina!! I bet she is loving 1st grade. I miss you all! What are your plans for the holidays?

Lori said...

How wonderful to be able to work in a calling with your husband! You guys are so on top of it already working with Amanda and her sounds! The bottle thing - so much fun! With Emma we only gave her water in her bottle and that was it- no juice, milk, or anything else, and kept cups out for her to drink, and soon she just kinda gave up the bottle. Good luck, and it has been so fun to talk to you lately!