Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Confusion

I have been jumping around and reading everyones blogs and right now I am feeling so torn as to what I should be doing on Saturday. Our ward is meeting for a couple of hours to pass out flyer's about prop 8. I had planned on continuing with my original plans of going to the cannery for a couple of reasons that I felt were pretty legit. First food storage is important but not nearly as pressing as fighting prop 8, so that was quickly dropped from the list of reasons to go. Second we are fellow shipping a woman in our ward and she has agreed to come with me and learn a little more about following the prophet and preparing for hard times (which she is currently dealing with). OK so that is pretty legit but is it enough? Last and probably the most convincing for me is that fact that Elizabeth is allergic to milk and soy milk and everything else we have tried except for the powdered milk from the cannery. Because it is so expensive to can I only do enough for about 4 months and then I go again. So I need to get milk and they will not sell it to me in bulk right now because of the high demand for food. I have enough for another 4 or 5 weeks but cannot get another appointment for 3 months. I know that fighting this proposition is important! I feel like I am being torn between following the prophet and providing for my child and I feel like I lose either way. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

I think the Prophet would tell you to do what you need to to help Elizabeth. You can still make your feelings known in other ways but sometimes things do take precedance.
GG

Susan said...

Stacie ~
I have an appointment at the cannery for Sept 20 from 9-11 for six people. So far Jerry and I are going. You are welcome to join us. I currently need four people to go with us to fill all six spots.

ma'elePHOTO said...

Stacy I am sure what ever decision you make will be the RIGHT decision. It's a sacrifice to do either, but the fact that Elizabeth will not drink another milk makes the decision clear.

Prop 8 IS very important and I am sure there are ways of supporting it that will ensure you can participate in both. The Lord will understand the debate in your mind and heart.

Not that you needed to hear that from me. (lol!)

Anne and Wayne said...

Have you considered asking other sisters if RS if they would get milk for you when it is their turn at the cannery (if they don't want it themselves), and you could get something else for them?

McKensi said...

i love you stacie! your so awesome to really want to do both.. if someone can get it for you or you could do another day you could do both. but if it comes down to one? I would say that cute little lizzie needs milk to grow strong!