Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When the Lord closes a door he always opens a window!

Just so you all know I get to do both. Thanks to a dear friend I will be going to the cannery in 2 weeks and will be able to go help on prop 8 on Saturday like the prophet has asked. For those of you who live outside of California on Sunday we received word that after the first presidency had finished there weekly meeting in the Temple they had decided that all fifth Sunday lessons were to be on prop 8 and its importance and what we may face if it passes. Sunday morning lessons were canceled accross the state and new plans were immediately made to teach about the importance of marriage between a man and a woman. Although I did not attend the meeting because I was teaching primary I was moved by what I heard from Steve as well as others who were in attendance. So for those of you who thought I was great for wanting to do both I know you would have felt the same if you knew the prophet was calling on you to raise "the title of liberty" in our day and to stand up and fight for what is right. I know there will be terrible consequences if this passes. So please if there are any of you out there that can join in this fight and help this proposition pass I urge you to do all you can.

8 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Thats great that you get to do both. I know how hard this was on you!!! I'm glad it all worked out!!

Raich said...

yeah, i'm glad you get to do both...

THE ORVINS said...

i had no idea that was going on right now! isnt it horrible i cant believe what things can be accepted now a days! stacie you are such an amazing mom for all of the little things you take time to do with your girls! I am constantly taking notes from your blog for the future!

Lori said...

Stacie you are such a great example to all of us! You are definetely living right! That is wonderful you are able to do both!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everything worked out. Decisions like that are hard. I'm a little scared with everything that is going on in the world.

Catherine said...

That must have been nerve-racking to go door-to-door like that, but I know it must have made a difference. What an example you and Steve are to me. I love you both!

Gail said...

Don't we WANT Proposition to PASS??? I'm pretty sure that is what we are trying to accomplish here with all our efforts. Vote YES on Proposition 8 -- We WANT IT TO PASS!!

Lois said...

Wow, Stacie, these are exciting times! This reminds me of those days back in 1976-77 when NV was trying to pass the ERA Amendment & the RS's were asked to go down & actively participate in the debate. And when the bill was defeated and the newspaper "blamed the Mormon Church" for the defeat, one of the nice Catholic ladies was a little miffed & said, "Those darn Mormons always get all of the credit!"