Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Carmel Popcorn

Well just like I had hoped things have settled down around here. The packages and cards are all in the mail. I finally finished the quiet books, I don't think the dolls are going to be done. Lucky for me they were extras not the main event. I am still going to try to make 1 for Lizzy but not all 3 and with everyone being sick I am not even sure that one will get done. *sigh* But alas everything is wrapped and ready =) The best part is we stayed in our budget and the saving we had done throughout the year was enough (no credit cards this year =)). Anyway things are going well and I can concentrate on baking for the neighbors now. I think I will do popcorn balls since that is what I am craving. Here is the recipe for everyone who has lost it and is now craving it because of me.

2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cube of butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Bring to a boil for 3 minutes (soft ball for those of you who know what that means) pour over a big bowl of popcorn. I usually have 1 big Tupperware bowl and a large salad bowl. This makes a lot and it is sooo good.

3 comments:

Sara :) said...

Yummy! I'm for sure going to make that!

Bree said...

You are so on top of things to be done already. I thought I was done and then remembered neighbor gifts and friend gifts. Good job for staying in budget. I am going to miss seeing you this Christmas but I hope you guys have lots of fun together. Please give everyone a hug and kiss for us. We got your card and loved it. What a beautiful family! Love ya and miss ya like crazy.

McKensi said...

I LOVE YOUR CARMEL POPCORN!!! and this is most deffinatly going in my "future cookbook" (that means when i want the recipie i am going to look on here!) i am sad were not going to see you this christmas but it is going to be so fun for you and your little family to finally get to relax and enjoy to its fullest! i love you all and i'll probably call you guys on tuesday and see what the little ones got!

kensi