Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Photos

This was round one of our costumes. Katrina was a horse and Amanda was Cinderella. They dressed like this for the ward trunk or treat Girl Scouts and Preschool. Katrina dressed as Emma Smith for school since they had to be a historical person and dress up and recite 5 facts about the person they chose. I didn't get pictures of that one because she was crying too hard. I guess my outgoing talkative daughter has stage fright who would have guessed?

Friday after our traditional chili dinner we went to get into our costumes and lo and behold they wanted to be something different. I guess they were tired of their other costumes from dressing up all week!


Lizzy was Lumpy the elephant from Winnie the pooh. She kept pulling the top part of her costume off and would then laugh herself silly. She thought it was the funnest game to have us put it on and then pull it off as fast as she could. Here I caught her laughing after she thought she had pulled it all the way off. What a cutie!




Amanda really surprised us when she pulled out this Dumbo costume and put it on. Since she is obsessed with Cinderella we were more than happy to oblige her in this request.




Katrina pulled out this dress up and found the wig to go with it. We had to work on the wig for about 20 minutes getting it all combed out but it looked much better when we were done. She loves to pose for the camera.
All in all it was a fun Halloween and I must say that I am glad it is all over :)




4 comments:

Catherine said...

Is Steve supposed to be a Marathon runner? The girls are darling, of course. I just sent birthday cards in the mail today. I hope you get them Wednesday!

Megan and Nick said...

It sounds like you had a busy week. All those pictures are way cute. I love how Lizzy thought she was so funny! I wish I could have seen her.

McKensi said...

YAY!!! i have been waiting for you to put these pictures up! they look so cute. i wish i could have seen them and kissed there cute little faces :)

Bree said...

I think we went through two different costumes and they never ended up wearing the ones that I got for this year! The girls look so cute. I love the tradition of chili.