Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pre-School Graduation.





Amanda had her first pre-school graduation today. I say first because she will go again next year and do the whole thing over . We have started a few new traditions over the past couple of years for special occasions. The first is either orange or cinnamon rolls for breakfast that morning, usually brought to the special person in bed. The second is related to where we live and the culture that my children are exposed to that they think they are a part of =) We now have to have candy lei's. This came about by chance as last year Katrina was given one for her pre-school graduation by her friend Peni. Then Steve received one for Fathers day since he was in the bishopric, several of the children in our ward then got baptized and you guessed it lei's and then to bring it right back into their minds I was given one for Mothers day. We had so much fun making them last night for Amanda and all her friends at the hawks nest. I must say my children, Katrina especially would probably prefer if she had been born Polynesian, but I am grateful that we have so many friends who include us and enrich our lives with their rich cultures.

So after the Cinnamon rolls we began the process of getting ready for a Hollywood themed graduation. We did Amanda's hair (she wanted it down) so we had fun putting lots of pretty curls in it. We took a few pictures before she left for school and then put the battery on the charger and proceeded to the graduation without a battery in the camera =(. The graduation was cute and they danced and sang and I guess they had done a DVD, but they could not get it to play so they are going to redo it and give all the kids a copy in a few days. Amanda had fun and got an award for being the "Most Shy" go figure! Afterwards we went to the mall for lunch and let her play in the play area for awhile.
The high school students gave each of the children a gift with a note book, crayons and a giant hershey bar, which she loved! I couldn't resist one last picture of Amanda with her chocholatey face, candy lei and flower. We love you Amanda and can't believe how big you are becoming.

9 comments:

Susan said...

So cute! I love the candy leis and think its a great thing to adopt!

Catherine said...

You did a fantastic job with her hair, Stacie! Isn't it crazy how you spend all that time getting the kid "prettied up" and then by the end of the day, their hair is a mess and their face and clothes are covered? (chocolate, yogurt, paint, you name it!) Amanda looks just beautiful! I bet she feels so grown up graduating from preschool. :)

Lori said...

Amanda looks so pretty! What a fun theme for the kids to get ready for! You are so good about the little traditions you are already implementing with your girls! How cute are you breakfast in bed! I love the chocolate face!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Too cute! Too bad the cd didnt work, that was a bummer. But the kids didn't know any different! I love the tradition, and hey maybe one of these days katrina will be like me or jenna and marry into it!! It is a fun and exiciting culture! Well, like amanda, luke will be there next year and so will juliana. I would post my pics but i lost my cord to hook my camera up to the computer, soo until I find it, there will be nothing new on my page!

McKensi said...

Thats an awesome way to help them feel more special to start it off from the moment they wake up! She looks BEAUIFULL! way to go on the hair.... and i loved that face on the last picture!

THE ORVINS said...

hahaha I love the chocolate face picture with everything else she got that day, it looks like she had an awesome day and was just glowing in all the pictures, great job with her hair it looked gorgeous!

Bree said...

She looks so beautiful. I can't believe how big Elizabeth is getting too. We really need to see you guys soon. We sure miss ya like crazy.

Jenn said...

wow, your little kiddies are really growing fast. my older son graduated from jr high....cute pictures...I'll post new pics..whenever I get a chance

Fern said...

Hi Stacie,
It is wonderful to see how your family is doing. I have loved the notes at Christmas time....but this is better. We love you all and are thrilled to watch your family grow.