Thursday, May 8, 2008

Play time

I have been trying harder lately to really play with my children. not just let them play and have fun but to be involved in the play time. These are some pictures of the girls standing outside of the fort we made. I must admit my house was the part not covered by blankets and I only went inside their fort for a quick picnic.










But I was the next door neighbor for a while and we had lots of fun. I must admit that the house is not nearly as clean as it normally is but we are having lots of fun together and somehow the house does get cleaned(just not all at one time=)) I love being a mother to my beautiful daughters and am so thankful that I am able to be a stay at home mom.











The blanket we used was a wonderful gift given to Steve at a Polynesian baptism. It was given to Steve out of respect since he is in the bishopbric. Every time we build a fort we have to use the blanket with the flowers so that they can have flowers on their roof.

7 comments:

Janae said...

I have to say a clean home is not always a happy home. I think that my kids are happier when I take time to play with them. Looks like you had a blast

McKensi said...

It looks like your girls had so much fun! I think its awesome that you play with them like that... You guys are great parents!

Bree said...

How fun! I love building forts. But we usually in list dad to build because he seems to get them bigger and better! I just don't have the talent. You are such a wonderful mom. We miss ya tons.

Catherine said...

Stacie, I admire you so much as a mother, and just as a person! I couldn't have picked a better wife for my sweet brother! We miss you guys tons! Next time you build a fort, call me and I'll be right over (I wish)!

Lacie said...

Hey Stac- Your such an awesome mom! I really need to get better at playing with my kids. Katie builds forts all the time but I just stress about the mess. Dang!!! Your my inspiration for the week. I'm building a fort!!!

THE ORVINS said...

yeah I am so excited you blogged. looks like you guys are having so much fun. I should build a fort to keep myself entertained:) haha just kidding. your girls are so dang cute, cant wait to see them again!

Lori said...

Some of my favorite memories with my sisters are building and playing in forts! The memories are way more lasting than a clean house! Way to be so involved with your girls! You are a wonderful example!