Monday, August 27, 2007

What a day!

So today is just another blah day at the Lang household. I just finished packaging 50 lbs of meat for the freezer (there is a really good sale every 6-8 months where I stock up on Chicken and ground beef) and am not really feeling very motivated to do much right now. I am working with the girls on being more obedient and responsible by giving them jobs that earn them tickets. The tickets buy everything from games and TV to treats. Well today has been a bad day for them and I have taken every single ticket from both and it is not even 3 o'clock. Right now they are in there rooms for quiet time............................................I was just in the middle of this when Katrina informed me that Amanda colored all over the wall. I went to check and it was everywhere. Thank goodness it was a washable marker and it all came right off. Needless to say she just lost her marker and crayon privileges for the week ( this is not the first occurrence) Oh the joys of being the mom =) It makes me very grateful that I am not a single parent. Because help will be here in just 89 minutes but who is counting?

3 comments:

Lori said...

I have always wondered why kids love to write on the wall? If you figure it out let me know? Thats awsome all the meat you bought! I love having stuff like that in my freezer. Way to be prepared!

McKensi said...

i feel bad for laughing... i know its probably super stressful! tell your girls i love them!

Amy :) said...

((Hugs!)) Try and take comfort in knowing that your not alone! All mothers have these moments. Sometimes I think it's me who needs a "time-out", if only someone would give me one! *wink* I do love the ticket idea, smart! Let me know how the girls do with that. Maybe, I will have to try it with Alysium and Grace. We don't play video games Sun. - Thurs., nor tv before and after school. I have the older kids track their reading minutes then "trade" them for video game minutes. It gets them reading and doing extra math. I hope you are having a better day today. Take care, stay in touch, and KEEP SMILING! :)