Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of School

Well this may be a week late in coming but here goes. Katrina was so excited to start school last Monday and woke the entire household up at just after 6 A.M. She had picked out her outfit the night before so when she woke us up she was already dressed shoes and all and wanted to go to school right then =) We told her that it would be a couple of hours and she needed to get her hair done, eat breakfast and do her chores before we could go. Needless to say we were All (including the baby) to go by 7:30 and so we went and took some picture outside of the school and in her classroom. She had a really good first
day and found out that her best friends Brook and Trenton were in her class too. You all know what a talker she is and it got her in trouble quite a bit this first week as she was moved to 3 different tables before she learned to not talk when the teacher was talking. The second day she got to ride the bus home and loved it. Of course dad and I were following the bus the whole way. She feels so grown up and is eager to learn. (her words) I love you, my teacher is Mrs. Lawhead and she is nice. I like my new school and I am in kindergarten because I am big. I get to ride the bus and mommy will always be there
to get me when I get off....

2 comments:

Lori said...

Katrina looks so cute in her school pictures! I love that she got moved three times for talking- that's our little Katrina! How's Amanda doing with Katrina gone?

McKensi said...

she looks so big!! i'm so glad you let us share in this fun time in katrinas life... i will always treasure it and hold it dear to my heart
jessica