Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Montessori???

So Katrina and I went to the Montessori today and I really liked it. We were hoping to get her on the list now so that she could attend next year. One of our friends went in last week and they said that they would call her back for a second interview in a couple of weeks so what happened next really surprised me. The said that for next year there is a waiting list and they determine who they will take through a lottery, so there really was no guarantee of her getting in. Then they proceeded to tell me that if she wanted to transfer NOW they would take her and that would guarantee her a spot next year!!! Well I was not prepared for that and I am not sure whether I should transfer her mid year but... I really like the idea of her being in such a fun learning environment that teaches kids to pace themselves and to enjoy what they are doing. Steve and I are leaning towards transferring her but we will know more by the weekend. Keep us in your prayers so that we make the RIGHT decision for Katrina. Oh yeah if Katrina is accepted Amanda will automatically be accepted as well, because she is a sibling she wouldn't have to go through the lottery process.

8 comments:

Rachel Doyle said...

Montessori is a great program - it allowed my little sister Maggie to skip right into first grade. They really provide encouragement and allow the kids to work at their own pace. Good luck with the decision - that's a hard one.

Bree said...

Wow! This sounds so exciting for Katrina. What does she want to do? Does she have friends there? I guess that doesn't matter cause she makes friends wherever she is! We will keep you in our prayers. Love ya

Lori said...

Very exciting! I have heard so many wonderful things about Montessori. That would be great for both your girls! Thanks for the new post!

THE ORVINS said...

that is way cool!! I really think this could be a great thing for her... not only because it would be more one on one than public schools but i think it would make trina do really well knowing she got accepted to it. let us know what you decide... and we will keep you in our prayers.

Raich said...

i'm a little bias but i say do it stace, i looooove it!! mvmcs has been an actual blessing in my life this past year, jacob has ms. ann and i don't think she could be more perfect for me, jake, and our family... my first choice is homeschooling in my other life but for now mvmcs is the best choice around for us!! and the tution fee is such a deal :)

Catherine said...

I relaly like the Montessori program. Katrina would love it, and where she's such a likeable girl, she'll probably make new friends in no time in her new class! Good luck with the decision. We sure love and miss you guys a ton!

Janae said...

Just remember though, if she is to far ahead she will get bored of school and will have a harder time when she gets older because she is bored.

Lois said...

Stacie, what cute pictures and narrative. I felt like I was right there at the Pre-school graduation. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Your other mother, Lois