Monday, June 4, 2007

We got a new Bishop

Sunday Steve came home from his morning meetings to help me get the last minute things done so we could make it to church on time and told me that the Bishop was getting released. Well you know what that means? Steve gets released too, and I was so excited because it was only 30 minutes before Sacrament meeting and we had not received a call from the Stake so that meant he would be able to sit by me again during the meetings =) well that wonderful feeling was short lived because as soon as we arrived they pulled Steve aside and asked him to serve with the new Bishop as the 1st counselor instead of the 2nd. Well at least I am safe for a while and can enjoy my calling in the primary. All in all it was a really good day. I love that my husband is worthy AND willing to serve when the Lord calls. I mean really who can't use the blessings that come when we do =)

3 comments:

Bree said...

I knew they would keep him in. Sometimes it's hard to serve in the church but I love the growth that it gives you as a family and your growth in the church. What better blessings can we ask for. He will do a wonderful job because he has you for a wife.

Anonymous said...

i thought for sure he was the next bishop!!! but i guess thats a good thing right! good luck with the new calling.. not that he needs it he already does a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

time for a new one!!!